Sun, 09/12/2010 - 12:25 | by admin
DEFLUX was developed during the 1990s specifically to fulfill the criteria of an ideal profile for an injectable material including:
- Biocompatibility allowing good tissue tolerance
- Lack of migration from the injection site
- Ease of use
- High response rates
|Deflux does not cause an allergic reaction||
|A mild inflammatory reaction following Deflux injection occurs as expected||
|The tissues surrounding the implant show no evidence of major changes in structure||
- Stenberg Å, Larsson E, Lindholm A, et al. Injectable dextranomerbased implant: histopathology, volume changes and DNA analysis. Scand J Urol Nephrol 1999; 33: 355-61.
- Stenberg A, Larsson E, Läckgren G. Endoscopic treatment with dextranomer-hyaluronic acid for vesicoureteral reflux: histological findings. J Urol 2003; 169: 1109-13.
- Läckgren G, Wåhlin N, Sköldenberg E, et al. Long-term follow-up of children treated with dextranomer/hyaluronic acid copolymer for vesicoureteral reflux. J Urol 2001; 166: 1887-92.